Monday, December 24, 2012

BlogSpot Recent Comments Gadget Not Working?

As I wrote on my previous post, I experience problems with the Recent Comments Gadget. Some BlogSpot users also have same problem and posting question: "Recent Comments gadget not working?" in Google Product Forums. Philippe Chappuis proposed a solution in his post: Le Gadget Recent Comments (commentaires récents). Unfortunately, it is writen in French, and I have not learned French language. I read in Hacosphere.blogspot.com, Ramani posted Customizable recent comments widget (using JSON feed). But, to use Ramani script, we need to edit the HTML Template of our Blog, and I am too lazy to do that.

All I need is simply a list of comments to appear in my side bar. Fortunately, BlogSpot has already provide us with a gadget to show content of RSS or Atoms feed. Configuring this list of comments using this gadget is very simple. Just follow these steps:

  1. Log in to your Blogspot Account
  2. Click Layout
  3. On your side bar Click Add Gadget

  4. Click Feed

  5. On the Feed window, fill the Feed URL with: http://YourBlogName.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default (you may copy-paste it, and then change it according to your Blog Name). Then click Continue

  6. Change the title to something like Recent Comments or whatever you like. Choose how many comments you want to show (unfortunately it cannot be more than 5 comments). Then click Save.

  7. Click Save Arrangement.

Your list of comments will appear on your blog, like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can use HTML tags.